2019-12-07 04:35 EST


View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001137FSSCPmultiplayerpublic2007-12-05 18:13
Reportercastor 
Assigned Totaylor 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusresolvedResolutionfixed 
Product Version3.6.9 
Target VersionFixed in Version3.6.10 
Summary0001137: VSYNC not working on MP with Linux
DescriptionBeen using vsync in order to avoid problems described in report 1022.
However, I noticed that MP games still suffer from unexplained jerkiness.. by enabling the fps counter I found out that FPS had climbed to 120, even though vsync was enabled?

It shouldn't be a problem in my settings, as FPS DOES get capped (to 85) if I end the MP mission, switch to SP in barracks, then start a SP mission.

I'm now using the MaxFPS option to cap it, and though not quite as pretty, it works ok - the jerkiness is gone.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

~0007073

taylor (administrator)

Strange. V-Sync is setup at game start, so whether you are in SP or MP shouldn't make a difference, it would either work 100% or not at all. There is the issue that if you have v-sync disabled system wide (via the env var) that the game setting of v-sync may not work. Switching from MP to SP without exiting the game and having it work then pretty much invalidates that theory though.

It's working fine for me though, so I'm guessing that it's not a general code problem. Perhaps some more system, or setup, specific. I'll check it out and see if I can replicate it on my side.

~0008565

taylor (administrator)

Just wanted to bump this to say that I did actually have the exact same problem when testing another bug. It happened in single-player mode, and only with a particular mod, but it's definitely a strange problem.

But, I can recreate it quite easily now, so as soon as I get the chance I'll try and figure out what's going on with this and fix it.

~0008597

taylor (administrator)

I think that I tracked this down to how the cursor is handled, but for the life of me I can't explain why it messed up v-sync. My one test case, where v-sync would consistently not work, is now fixed.

Check the 2007-10-28 recent build thread for a tarball so that you can try it out for yourself.

~0008631

castor (reporter)

It seems to work, as far as I can tell using my GF7600GS. But the problem was never easy to reproduce using this card. It was R200 based hardware that I first noticed the problem with, and there it was a constant annoyance.
Alas, I don't have that card available now.. So I can't really make tests that would prove anything :( (well, I do have another radeon based card, but its not much of help as the drivers for it are a heap of **** at the time being).

~0008731

taylor (administrator)

Ok. I'm just going to mark this a fixed for now, and hope that it was actually the problem. If it happens again to anyone then I can take another look at it.

~0008732

taylor (administrator)

Fixered (maybe).
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2006-11-04 19:29 castor New Issue
2006-11-04 19:29 castor Status new => assigned
2006-11-04 19:29 castor Assigned To => taylor
2006-11-04 20:14 taylor Note Added: 0007073
2007-10-15 07:12 taylor Note Added: 0008565
2007-10-28 06:18 taylor Note Added: 0008597
2007-11-10 19:31 castor Note Added: 0008631
2007-12-05 18:12 taylor Note Added: 0008731
2007-12-05 18:13 taylor Status assigned => resolved
2007-12-05 18:13 taylor Fixed in Version => 3.6.10
2007-12-05 18:13 taylor Resolution open => fixed
2007-12-05 18:13 taylor Note Added: 0008732
+Issue History