|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003149||FSSCP||models||public||2015-03-15 21:50||2015-05-12 22:44|
|Target Version||3.7.4||Fixed in Version||3.7.3|
|Summary||0003149: External stores vanish when a certain distance from 0,0,0 coordinates in the game space.|
|Description||So to recap a few things that are known:|
1. The wireframe view / hard point gauge was broken some time prior to r10530. I don't know when exactly.
2. Diaspora v1.1 was based on that release so its hard point gauges are broken.
3. Diaspora v1.1.1 didn't change the code base version so no change there.
4. In Nightly build r11178 there was change that affected "$Weapon Model Draw Distance:". This appears to have the affect of causing external stores to vanish once a specific distance from the 0,0,0 coordinates of the game grid are reached.
5. In Nightly build r11251 the wireframe view/ hard point gauges were fixed.
Can the code that affects the "$Weapon Model Draw Distance:" introduced in r11178 be easily corrected? I can confirm it is still present in the latest build r11278 from (Fri, 06 Mar 2015).
That's the largest bug still in Diaspora that I have encountered. It would awesome to correct that :)
|Steps To Reproduce||Start up a game in Diaspora and if you are close to the center coordinates you will see your external stores. They will then vanish when you move away from the center.|
|Additional Information||In Nightly build r11178 there was change that affected "$Weapon Model Draw Distance:". This appears to have the affect of causing external stores to vanish once a specific distance from the 0,0,0 coordinates of the game grid are reached.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
So apparently this is due to using Eye_position, which isn't modified by g3_start_instance_matrix()/g3_done_instance().
Now, whether the correct solution is to use View_position instead or to modify Eye_position at the same time as View_position, I don't know. I'm not entirely clear on what the difference between those two variables is supposed to be.
|This is fixed by the new renderer.|
|2015-03-15 21:50||Nightstorm||New Issue|
|2015-05-08 19:55||MageKing17||Note Added: 0016699|
|2015-05-08 20:09||MageKing17||Status||new => confirmed|
|2015-05-12 22:44||MageKing17||Note Added: 0016704|
|2015-05-12 22:44||MageKing17||Status||confirmed => resolved|
|2015-05-12 22:44||MageKing17||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2015-05-12 22:44||MageKing17||Fixed in Version||=> 3.7.3|
|2015-05-12 22:44||MageKing17||Target Version||=> 3.7.4|